We love celebrities that take getting ready for the Oscars to the next level, which is exactly what red carpet royalty Cate Blanchett did, debuting a freshly cut bob by Wella Professionals stylist Robert Vetica. Speaking about Blanchett’s decision to make the chop right before she walked the red carpet for her latest flick, Carol, Vetica explained, “This is one of the reasons I love this woman so much! I mean who cuts their hair the day of? She is bold and makes her regal presence known.” While we don’t recommend taking a pair of scissors to your hair (leave that to the professionals), here’s how to recreate Blanchett’s ’50s-inspired wavy bob using Wella Professionals products, all available at professional salons nationwide.
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo and Daily Renewing Conditioner which helps hydrate, nourish and strengthen hair.
2. Next, apply Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Setting Blowdry Lotion to add strength and hold.
3. Next, section the hair into two parts and apply Wella Professionals EIMI Thermal Image to create volume and natural movement.
4. Next, curl each section with a 1-inch curling iron, just to give the hair bend.
5. Quickly, set each section with a velcro roller at a diagonal angle away from the face and spray with Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Essential Finishing Spray.
6. Allow the rollers to stay in 45 minutes then remove and gently brush through the curls and use the blow dryer to help loosen the set.
7. Finish the look with Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Essential Finishing Spray to ensure the final results last.