Are you scared to wear red lipstick? You’re not alone as many of us out there still aren’t comfortable sporting bright lips, especially a shade of red. Many feel a red lippie can be too over the top, especially when you’re not really into wearing makeup.Howver, the colour red symbolizes power and courage. Red is clearly not a colour to wear when we feel like blending into the background but, really, who wants to blend any way? Think of red lipstick as your “here I am world!” shade. Makeup is supposed to be fun and part of that is experimenting and stepping out of our comfort zones. We at Beauty Desk have fully succumbed to the red lip and we think you should, too.
Here are the top five reasons why you need to embrace red lipstick
- It makes us feel bold and powerful. Wearing a red lip tells the world you mean business and everyone had better listen to what you have to say. It’s the perfect colour to get you pumped up to face any challenges you may have to tackle.
- When we’re not feeling at our most courageous wearing a red lip can help bring our strength to the surface by showing the world we’re confident! Bright colours like reds are uplifting so you’ll automatically feel in a better mood when you see yourself in the mirror and the confidence will reflect in your actions.
- Red is flattering. When we choose the right shade of red lipstick and our teeth are whiter and the whole face lights up. A red lipstick is our secret to looking awake even when we can’t get a full eight hours rest the night before.
- Red lipstick is perfect for lazy makeup days. To balance out a bold red lip, there’s no need to go heavy with other makeup on the face. We like pairing a red lip with groomed brows and a simple swipe of mascara.
- With so many textures and shades to choose from, red lipstick is fun! Today it’s easy to find that perfect shade to match our mood. Glossy red lips for running errands and brunch; super defined, creamy red lips for hitting a night on the town.
Need a few suggestions? Check out the gallery below and tell us what’s your go-to bold lip colour?